This commission is dedicated to all topics which are related to medical microbiology. It collaborates with public authorities (e.g., the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health) and other organisations to promote good standards in clinical microbiology laboratories and to solve problems.
- defining requirements for quality control and external quality assessment for the laboratory diagnosis of infectious diseases
- organisation of courses within the framework of the FAMH curriculum in clinical microbiology
- organisation of continuous education courses in clinical microbiology e.g. the "Réunions informelles" and the "Club de pathologie" meetings
- teaching clinical microbiology to physicians who perform microbiological analyses in their practice
- collaboration with authorities with regard to the list of analysis and pricing
- Support for the introduction of the European breakpoints of the European Committee on Antimicrobial Susceptibilty Testing (EUCAST) by the Swiss Antibiogramm Committee.